Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ephesians 5:1-2, 8, 21, 2 Timothy 4-Titus 3

Through the New Testament Reading - 2 Timothy 4-Titus 3

Ephesians 5

Ephesians 5:1-2
Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Ephesians 5:8
For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light.

Ephesians 5:21
Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Day 4 – Key Verses Engaged

I'm a fairly independent person by nature. I like to have control over my own life, make my own decisions, and do things my way.

When it comes to community life, I'm the guy most likely to try to get my way by just being the biggest and loudest and most obnoxious. I don't actually intentionally think this way, I just know my own tendencies.

For me, submission to others in community means letting them do it their way. Though my tendency would be to try to control my environment by making sure everything is done threat I like it and when I like it, if everyone were to actually do that, there would be no diversity in the community. In truth there would be no community at all.

So, I submit to the fact that there are different roles, gifts, and worldviews in community. I give up my need to do everything myself. When others take responsibility for things, I give up
The need to control them. I will allow others to do things their way. I will even allow myself to learn and grow through their unique contributions.

No comments:

Post a Comment