Friday, July 1, 2011

Ephesians 5:1-2, 8, 21, James 1-5

Through the New Testament Reading - James 1-5

Ephesians 5

Ephesians 5:1-2
Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Ephesians 5:8
For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light.

Ephesians 5:21
Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Day 5 – My Personal Response to Ephesians 5

To imitate God, live in the light, and submit to others, this week I will find someone to take a responsibility in the community that I have been holding on to because I want to control it. I will also find some way of serving the community by taking a responsibility from someone else who is overburdened.

Also, I will honour someone in one of my communities who is filling a role and possibly unnoticed by thanking them in a measurable way that shows that I thought of them specifically.

Finally, I will honour, cherish, and love my wife, who is away in another country right now, by writing her a long and sincere love letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment