Friday, June 3, 2011

Ephesians 1, Matthew 20-24

Through the New Testament Reading - Matthew 20-24

Ephesians 1

Ephesians 1:17

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.

Ephesians 1:18-19a

I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe.

Ephesians 19b-21

That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

Day 5 – My Personal Response to Ephesians 1

We were purchased at a high price, the life and blood of Jesus. We have been adopted into a community of love that has existed for eternity. We are citizens of the kingdom of highest authority and power in earth and heaven. We represent this kingdom of justice, unity, grace, and love here and now.

I have no excuse not to raise my life and voice as a living sacrifice for this king and kingdom. We were chosen for the praise of his glory. We are living seeds of heaven on earth. We are blessed and privileged to be a blessing to the world. I want God to be glorified in my life, the life he purchased. He deserves nothing less.

And so, for the kingdom of justice I will raise my voice. I will actively cry out with letters and marches and demonstrations for the oppressed. Here and now, I will do this for the Palestinians and the First Nations of Alberta especially. I will intentionally inform myself no less than weekly about how they are doing, and how I can help to make their difficulties known. I will write letters to government no less than monthly. I will attend rallies and marches in solidarity. I will raise my fist against injustice. I will raise my finger to heaven, and the just king.

To the poor and homeless, the imprisoned and hospitalized, I will give my time and resources. I will personally feed the hungry who would otherwise not eat. I will give a bed to the shelterless who would otherwise sleep outside. I will seek opportunities to do this no less than weekly. I will visit the prison or the hospital every month. I will seek friendships with people who are there so that I can minister light and hope to them behind walls.

No authority, natural, legal, or spiritual, hinders me from living this life of sacrifice. It is in fact, hardly a sacrifice at all. I have been wildly blessed. I am incredibly wealthy. God has given me so much. I will never run out of what he's given me to give away.

For the king. For the kingdom.

1 comment: