Sunday, February 27, 2011

Gospel of John Movie part 1

Last Sunday I posted two clips of a movie we're watching as a church based on the Gospel of Matthew from the NIV. The same company that first created that film also helped make another movie almost a decade later, based on the Gospel of John, word for word from the Good News Translation.

The movie has higher production values than Matthew, but I still prefer their earlier film. This is entirely because of the portrayal of Jesus, which in Matthew feels fresh and real to me, but in John feels a little more Hollywood.

Nevertheless, since so much of our reading came from John this week, I thought it would be cool to see those readings as they are portrayed visually in this film. I'll post the first four parts, which will include all of the verses we've read so far, from the Good News Translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment