Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Genesis 4 Raw Notes

(Read Genesis 4)

After I've gleaned everything from my notes that I can turn into articles or sermons, this is what is left. I have not edited or checked the accuracy of any of it. It's just what's left of what came to mind as I read and studied. Perhaps it will give a perspective that will start someone else's thoughts in a good direction.

+

Adam blamed God through Eve for his sin.
Eve acknowledged God in Cain’s birth.
Cain and Abel are born to Adam and Eve.
If Adam’s family is the only one on Earth, we can assume their children married each other. This is Hebrew oral tradition.
According to Hebrew oral tradition, Naamah was the wife of Noah. It is possible. It would be poetic for Naamah to be named the last in Cain’s line, and Noah the last in Seth’s. It is unusual to name a woman unless she is notable.
Lamech is the first named polygamist.

No comments:

Post a Comment