Friday, September 2, 2011

Genesis 2 Raw Notes

(Read Genesis 2)

I took a lot of notes as I read Genesis or considered any of the sources that commented on Genesis. Many of those notes became the articles that were posted yesterday. Some of my notes remained a mess of thoughts.

These are the raw notes from Genesis 2 that are left over after I gleaned all my other articles and sermon notes from them. I have not edited them for clarity, or even to make sure they’re all correct. These are nothing more than raw reflections typed in the moments I thought of them. Perhaps something in here may spark an interesting idea or new perspective for someone else.

+

God put TWO TREES in the garden.
LIFE or POSSESSION of GOOD and EVIL
God tells Adam if he eats of the second tree, he will die.
It was not good for man to be alone. God made a suitable helper in woman.
Woman made from man's rib.
Rib - side, near heart, equality, affection.
Man and wife are one flesh.
Creation of Sacred Time - Sabbath Rest, seasons, order, worship
All time and the cycles within it is created with purpose by God and for God.
Living a Sacred Rhythm.
Creation of Sacred Space - Vocation, food, family, God's world
Sabbath dedicates our time.
Tithe dedicates our work and our things

No comments:

Post a Comment