Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sermon on the Mount - "Treasures in Heaven" - Matthew 6:19-24

Matthew 6:19-24 (NIV)

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

+++
+++

My Notes:

Matthew 6:19-24

Treasures in Heaven

Father,

I want you alone to be my Lord.

It's very sobering to think that my love of money

The cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches

would mean hatred toward you.

I live amongst an empire that raises the banners of this idol high. This god has temples built in this city.

The love of money is forever before my eyes.

Let me always see it as it is.

Convict me Father of my commitment to you, to deal harshly with the temptation when it comes, as though it is as you say in this verse, an issue of love or of hatred of you.

-Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment