Friday, July 8, 2011

Ephesians 6, Luke 13-16

Through the New Testament Reading - Luke 13-16

Ephesians 6

Ephesians 6:12-13
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 6:18-20
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.


Day 5 – My Personal Response to Ephesians 6

I confess that I am humbled in my personal submission to this chapter. I will pray.

My morning quiet time is generally filled with a lot of thinking, a lot of reading, and a lot of writing, and a little bit of prayer.

Ephesians reminds me that it is in humble prayer that my own authority and power is sacrificed, and exchanged through faith for the power and authority of God necessary to serve and resist as he intends.

My prayer will be intentional and two fold.

First, I will pray daily for righteousness and justice for the oppressed and the oppressor.

Secondly, I will pray daily for those who are persecuted for their actions of justice and righteousness, proclamation of truth, and resistance to the powers of oppression.

I will continue to be inform myself of the local, national, and international situations where people are resisting the powers, and pray for people by name.

The battle is the Lord's.

He works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment