Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What Kat (and Ryan) Missed on Sunday

Hey Kat,

I'm a little behind in my blogging. I'm sorry. This update will have to be short.

I am very glad that we will be seeing you soon. I look forward to having you back, and hearing your stories.

This week was storytime. The readings brought us through Jesus' third discourse in Matthew, the parables of the Kingdom. I tried to reflect the text in my delivery, so I told some stories. My entire message was stories.

We've been talking about the persecuted church the last couple of weeks. We're looking for an illegal church to "adopt" and pray for specifically. There are good ideas among the community about how we might be able to help encourage them with practical resources as well.

The women are preparing to go to a conference in Banff right now. It will be the week after Easter, and it looks like it will be a lot of fun for them.

For the next three weeks I'll be preaching shorter messages, and we'll be spending time in the services considering Easter.

The weather is beautiful right now. At least, it's beautiful from the perspective of an Edmontonian emerging from Winter. I'm going to go for a walk today in nothing but a hoody. Glorious.

God bless you, Kat. See you soon.

-Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment